In my experience, I have found very few things to help distract me from my trichotillomania. I am still gathering tips and tricks to help with trich, but here are a few I have discovered:
- Tangle puzzles
- Spinner rings
- Sewing
- Painting
- Cooking
- Acrylic nails
Even though I have had trichotillomania since middle school, I have not found very many effective tips for myself, however that wouldn't mean that different things wouldn't work for different people. For example, some people seem to be able to use writing as a tool for distraction.
My advice for anyone looking for a way to distract themselves is to experiment with different activities that you can lose yourself in. As I said before, different things work for different people. An activity that works for another person with trich may not work for you, which is completely okay!
My advice for anyone looking for a way to distract themselves is to experiment with different activities that you can lose yourself in. As I said before, different things work for different people. An activity that works for another person with trich may not work for you, which is completely okay!
No comments:
Post a Comment