Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Telling Someone You Have Trichotillomania
Telling someone that you have trichotillomania can be a very difficult thing to do. People who have trichotillomania often feel ashamed for what they do to themselves. Telling other people can prove to be a really embarrassing task, especially since most people have never heard of it.
In my experience, the people I have told have never heard of trichotillomania, and often thing that I am making it up for attention.
It can be harder to tell people who have bigger influences in your life. As someone with trichotillomania you're afraid to be ridiculed for having trich; you're afraid to be seen as "crazy".
No matter who you tell, a relative or a stranger, it's hard to explain having trichotillomania to someone who has never had experience with the condition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

One of my best friends all through middle and high school suffered from a severe case of trich, so I can understand that this would be a difficult thing for you to discuss. I think it's very brave of you to write about it and hopefully there are others out there who can see your blog and not feel so alone. You are the only other person that I have heard that has this condition, so you're doing a great thing by bringing some awareness to it. I wish you the best!
ReplyDelete