- Shame: Pulling out my hair has always made me feel ashamed of myself. I know it can make me look "crazy" to some. Every time I pull my hair I want to hideaway in a corner of my bedroom forever
- Anger: I'm angry that I can't control it, I can't stop ripping my hair out. I even pull without knowing that I did and the only giveaway is the new bald spot on my body, one of the most frustrating details of my day-to-day life. I'm angry that I can't just make myself stop. It feels like someone else is controlling my hands and I can't smack them away.
- Regret: I regret ever touching my hair in the first place. I regret pulling the first hair, and I regret pulling the thousandth hair.
- Sadness: I'm sad that my hair isn't there anymore. It's sad to think that there are spots where my hair may never grow back. It's sad that I need to pull my hair to calm my nerves and feel okay. It's sad to think that I may never be able to fully stop.
As I said in the beginning of this post, not everyone with trich will feel this way. These are common emotions tied with trichotillomania, though. There are also plenty videos about emotions and trich on youtube if you were ever wanting to compare how people with trichotillomania think and feel about it.

This seems this illness would be more common but the severity of it is 1 to 1000 on intensity. I'm curious to know how often someone pulls there hair to be defined as Trichotillomania.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, it takes bravery to open up about your illness. People who do not suffer from anything and then complain, they are the one's who should be ashamed, not you.
ReplyDeleteI agree it is good to open up. You should be happy with who you are and shouldn't be ashamed.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. We are all made the way we should be
ReplyDelete