I won't deny that trichotillomania effects the people around you, but in most cases the other people don't see how much worse it is for the person who actually has trich. It's a hard thing to explain, and it's just as hard to understand it. I was recently shown a video that I would like to share with you. This video includes some fathers of people with trich telling the audience how their child's trichotillomania made them feel and how they came to realize that their child isn't doing it on purpose; tirchotillomania is not a way of rebelling, it's not a way of "sticking it to the man," we don't have one hundred percent control over our trich, it tries to control us.
We all just need to sit back and try to grasp an understanding of what trichotillomania is and how it effects us. We are not our trichotillomania, we are still people.
No comments:
Post a Comment